Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

24. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Aug 29, 2012, 17:35 Dwarf-Snowninja

I would argue that while the talents give some fairly lackluster choices in regards to dps/hps throughput, many were put in simply for pvp/cc/defense reasons. I cannot agree that classes are homogenized to the degree where a shaman = paladin = druid, especially with regard to playstyle.
Prior to this patch, as enhancement, you basically took one of 2 cookie cutter builds, or your dps suffered and you were generally ridiculed, likewise for a hunter... mage... and every single class. Now it's usually take this one talent and leave the rest up to the player. I won't defend the patch and say it's all roses, hardly, but it's a lot better than having to lookup a character build and copy the billion other shaman/druid/paladin/whatever because it was the only viable option.
And content in vanilla? You had MC, with it's gigantically spread out bosses, bwl with the trash from hell, aq20/zg were fun I won't deny, and aq40 which had pvp loot as rewards for half the fights and was again a giant spread out mess.
As someone else said TBC felt like the pinnacle with regards to raiding, and yes the raiding now is simplified to the point of silliness, including hardmodes.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo