Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

11. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Aug 29, 2012, 08:24 Mr. Tact

I played from Dec. 2004 through Dec. 2011 with a single six month break just before the release of Cata. Raided in Vanilla, WotLK, and Cata, but not TBC. TBC was my "break from raiding" after being in a guild for 14 months that raided 20 hours a week.

The game has changed so much over time, it's barely the same game. I agree that it appears the new skill system for this expansion seems to be a large dumbing down of the game. That's bad IMHO. I agree there has been a homogenizing of the classes. That's both good and bad. It's nice that you don't have to have specific classes to get specific types of healing, damage, or buffs but it also mean there isn't any effective difference between playing a Warrior or a Death Knight, etc.

It was a good game. It is a good game. It's just not the same game it was. I think it is legitimate to say you did like it but now you don't, or you didn't like it but now you do, or you always liked it, or you never liked it.

Personally, nothing about the new skill system seems attractive, I prefer the more complex mechanism. The new content, meh. It doesn't excite me at all. So, while I thought I might come back for the expansion when I left in Dec. It doesn't look like I will.

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2012, 08:58.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo