Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. Re: Seriously?! Aug 29, 2012, 05:13 JohnBirshire

That's not really true. Bethesda released The Shivering Isles expansion in response to the crappy micro-DLC they released before. The Fallout 3 DLC was also relatively substantial and some of it was actually pretty good (Broken Steel, The Pitt and Point Lookout specifically). Hearthfire is a significant departure from the trend set by Fallout 3.

I wasn't arguing that Oblivion never had any good expansions, of course not. I was arguing that after releasing a magnificently successful game, they shouldn't immediately follow it up with lackluster content. This unfortunately just makes people quickly lose interest in DLC for the game, and move on. I think they should have waited and let their first post-release content be something far more significant.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo