Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

57. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 13:44 Verno

My biggest complaint is that I usually have to grind group events to level up in the late teens. The XP rewards need a little tweaking it feels like. And group events happen pretty frequently, which takes the uniqueness of stumbling into one away a little. But they're major XP sources.

As you mentioned already, I usually retrace my steps if I find myself underleveled for something. Chances are that I missed some events and stuff. I see a lot of people just take off running as soon as an event finishes but many events are actually chained on previous events so sometimes it pays to hang around for a minute while grabbing some ore or whatever. Exploration, gathering, crafting and doing the personal story all make a big difference. I hit 100% in a zone and it gave me a massive chunk of exp as well.

Just a funny aside but I kept wondering where all of the karma vendors were in beta. No one explained that the renown vendors turn into karma vendors when you've finished their events. I don't know how I missed that, whoops! I have like 2300 karma stockpiled already.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo