Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 12:34 HorrorScope

pagb wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 11:37:
People should start to accept that any mmo will have issues at launch.

But they all don't now and in general have been getting better. What Anet did wrong imo is they didn't have a longer-consistently running beta. It was a weekend per month and a stress test for a few hours. What most are doing is running a beta for a solid month ongoing. To me you can get a much better picture and can realize changes/fixes day to day. This game also did not launch under their words of "When it's done", way too many changes late proving otherwise. They were pushed imo.

Anet dropped some points with me on this one. They feel they have a better solution to everything vs the norm. The beta wasn't. Their take on forums is overly protected. To me they won't open then up, because they don't want to hear it. Even though it is not that bad and there is a lot of good.

"The forums are closed at this time. We will open the forums as soon as we are able. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this causes."

I do not believe them.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo