Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2012, 12:00 nin

jimnms wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 11:56:
nin wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 10:58:
stuck accelerator

But her Sorrento features a push button start, and she said there was no key off option.

So, how does she turn it off normally????? I saw a similar video yesterday and the comment was she couldn't shift to neutral, either. I find that neither of those options being available more than a little hard to believe...

I said the same thing when there were reports of Toyota Priuses having runaway accelerator issues, but once I saw a Prius first hand, I now see how. The Prius has no physical link to the accelerator, brake or transmission. They're just connected to sensors that tell the computer what you want it to do. I've never seen a Sorrento, but it's possible that it's all electronic too.

Based on the link, the update says Kia was able to duplicate the issue...I guess my line of thinking is: if there's not some way to manually shut off a moving vehicle from inside, or at least take it out of gear, there should be. She could have been killed, or she could have lost control and plowed into a van carrying any number of other people (like that one a year or so ago where the woman hit the van that had like 6 kids inside).

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo