Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 11:30 Verno

pagb wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 11:22:
Gotta love Blizz haters, if this game was made by Blizz, there would be a huge outrage about Error 7, queues and overflows.

Arenanet's farts must smell like chanel no5.

I know this was just a silly troll but it helps to know what you're talking about, overflows are an intentional game design to prevent queues. It's actually a really well implemented idea that other MMOs should take note of, you can keep playing the game while waiting to enter the world instances.

I posted a full list of my issues further below in the thread. For something that already had 400k concurrent users on the Saturday headstart, I think it's generally been a fair launch.

Stupidest question in the world I know, but hype is a bitch. Is there any reason someone who hates MMOs would like this game?

If you hate MMOs I doubt Guild Wars 2 would change your mind. It has a hybrid combat system thats part ARPG, part MMO and I find the PvP very appealing but you'd still have to do 80 levels of MMO PvE to fully enjoy it. So yeah, I'd wait for Borderlands 2 or something.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo