Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Booster Pack This Week Aug 27, 2012, 13:39 Creston

Beamer wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 13:21:
Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 12:06:
Beamer wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 11:27:
Ditch the main weapon and go back to the crossbow. Autofire, headshots and headshots-giving-mana. I couldn't imagine some of the levels without being able to stun/headshot ogres for 4-5 hit kills.

I didn't even know the sorceress COULD use the crossbow? Though I have to say the charm ability is supremely overpowered and useful.

Funny, I'm still not 100% certain what a combo is in this game

It's when you kill an orc after he's been affected by 3 or more traps. So if he's on fire from brimstone, walking in a tar pit, being mauled by a grinder, and gets hit from a mace while you're shooting a crossbow at him and there's a lightning storm going on, that's a 6 hit combo. Combos are really the key to scoring in this game (that and killstreaks, but combos are far more easy to pull off.)

Creston

Good to know. I inadvertently get combos, but never create explicitly for combos. And, I suppose, it rewards you for having lower-powered traps.

I typically max out the traps I use as soon as possible and try to let my traps do as much killing as possible to max score. But my scores tend to be mediocre - outside of one that I'm ~750 on (had been ~250, and no clue how I did so well) my scores aren't good. I've been told that scoring and 5-skulling are entirely different skills, so I'm not sure I'll ever go back looking for scores.

I liked the charm, but never put skulls into improving it. I use lightning and crossbow exclusively, except for the final level which forces me to also use ice (stupid lightning bats.) I haven't even tried the crazier weapons like the hammer or the polymorph because I always feel there are better things to put skulls into. I would use the wind belt, but it doesn't blow away ogres (had to insert a word there) like it did in OMD1. It may be something you can upgrade to, but without knowing I'm not trying. I greatly enjoyed pushing them into acid in the original. Maybe I didn't and I'm misremembering, but I'm pretty sure that one of my key strategies was pushing anything that got past my traps back into my traps, and know I killed some wolves by pushing them into lava.

I love this game and could talk about it for hours.

It's much better to use spring traps for that than a wind belt. Throwing stuff into lava means they get no combo, whereas the spring trap just counts towards your combo.

It works both ways, but with spring traps you score much higher.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo