Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

81. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 27, 2012, 12:48 Verno

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 12:26:
What exactly does this standard uniform PC ship with? Because I have never heard of such a thing.

KB/M is the standard input peripherals on a PC, as in the most widely used. I use gamepads sometimes, there is nothing wrong with them but you don't boot up the computer and control it with a gamepad like a console. Asking developers to do the barest minimum of effort to ensure KB/M use works is not unreasonable. I wouldn't port a PC game to the consoles that requires keyboard input and tell them to buy a 360 chatpad.

There are two different arguments here that people are confusing. Some people view any criticism of the ports control problems as an attack on gamepads - its not. Some people view the technical issues as an attack on the game quality, they aren't. There are many excellent PC ports that were designed for gamepad use but still accommodate KB/M well, it is not a high cost development thing to pull off either so there really is no excuse. I love Demon Souls and Dark Souls, put hundreds of hours into them and made countless posts telling others about them.

Dark Souls is a great game, unfortunately it is also a bad port. Some people will be able to enjoy it despite its problems and others will not, neither is right or wrong.

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2012, 13:14.

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo