Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Booster Pack This Week Aug 27, 2012, 12:22 Creston

Verno wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 11:30:
In the first one you had to defend multiple hallways / areas several times, but at least it was made in such a way that it was possible to do for a single player. (Portals to shift between the two areas, and most levels had a clever little knack where you could re-route the enemies to all get funneled into a single area where you could killbox them.)

OMD2 just has completely separate areas and you have to run like fucking mad to defend both of them. My biggest issue with it, however, is how much I seem to have to use my character's main attack to kill stuff, and there's no autofire. Grrrr.

I hear ya but you just gotta rethink your approach bro. I had some really frustrating moments in the SP because I kept trying to use the same trap setups for every map and stuff I was comfortable with. In the end I just had to change things up and it all fell into place. For example on some levels where the approaches are too far spaced I will wall off one, lay a bit of brimstone down in front to nail sappers and then setup a killbox at a choke point.

I've 5 skulled everything on both characters and in Nightmare, there are some levels with a frantic setup in the early parts but everything is more than doable in SP. If anything I find co-op a bit frustrating at times because you're limited to 6 slots so you have to do a lot of back and forth. If you need some examples to get you started just holler at me on Steam.

I guess I may just switch back to the warmage and just abuse the shit out of tar pits.

Sorceress with Steam Traps with chill and Haymakers with stun is pretty amusing. Acid with slow helps a lot too. Tar is awesome but the Sorc has a bit more versatility and greater combo opportunity IMHO. Also don't forget the Decoy got hella buffed, it has health regen now and its unique upgrades are great.

Yeah, I guess that's probably my biggest issue, that I'm stuck in just making killboxes and don't try anything else. I may have to switch some stuff up. Of course, I bought tons of upgrades for hyper-efficient killboxes, and don't really have many other traps.

I'll give it a try with some other stuff. Never used the decoy, always seemed kinda pointless to me, but I'll give that a try as well.

Thanks man!

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo