Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

52. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 27, 2012, 03:52 .Drifter

wtf_man wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 23:23:
jacobvandy wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 22:58:
KB/M is not some messiah of control schemes that excels in every application. In fact, a lot of times it sucks balls. The beauty of PC is its flexibility. Rational PC gamers use the best tool for the job, which for some things happens to be a gamepad. To insist otherwise makes you sound like a shill, yourself.

Yo, Einstein, look up the word shill.

The only reason KB/M sucks balls in any game is because the retarded developer either didn't know how to make a decent control scheme for it, or didn't bother (because it's a fucking port). That said... the KB/M is the native "control" for the PC. If one is not going to put the effort in making their application work with the native control of the platform in question... then they shouldn't bother at all. Suggesting we all go out and buy a non-native peripheral, just to play a game on a preferred platform, is asinine.

Supporting additional peripherals is a plus. Not supporting the native input devices to a given platform is inexcusable, if you are trying to sell something for that platform.

My Commodore 128 came with a port that a joystick could plug into. I played Last Ninja, Pirates, and a myriad of other games with the joystick.
My Amiga 500 came with a port a joystick could plug into. I played Sword of Sodan, Impossible Mission 2, Test Drive 2, and many other games with it.
My PC has a USB port, and there are several joysticks/gamepads/flight sticks/steering wheels that can attach to that USB port.
I'm not even going to try to list all the games I've played with a flight stick or gamepad on my PC.
Joysticks, gamepads, and control devices of a similar nature have been native to PC's for years, and given the choice between a gamepad and keyboard for a racing game, I'd go with the gamepad any day. Why? Throttle and steering is better on a gamepad, since it's not "all or nothing" like it is on a keyboard. I don't much care for steering wheels in racing games, oddly enough, since I can't control the car as well as with a gamepad.
And Mechwarrior 3 was a hell of a lot more fun with a flight stick than with a mouse and keyboard.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo