Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

49. Re: Question for you all Aug 23, 2012, 22:40 OpticNerve

NoyzRulz wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 22:12:
I get a lot of crap for this but obviously some game makers are listening. I like the social aspect and large areas of an MMORPG but my problem is that I can't do 4-8 hour raids over and over to get gear to do the next level. I got a business to run where I get real money and stuff. In other words I want to play a MMORPG casually and that's where I get crap because hardcore players think MMORPG means long hours of raiding and that massively multi-player means I HAVE to constantly play with others for hours which I can't do. Ever. I can play lots of FPS online where I play for 5 minutes or 5 hours. So, I am on the order page, should I buy this now?

I would think so. GW2 is a very time-friendly game. You can jump in, play PvE or sPvP for half an hour and feel like you've accomplished a lot.

I would say that the later level Dungeons could potentially require an hour or two to finish, but given that they're capped at 5 max players, I couldn't imagine them lasting for 6 hours like raids in other MMOs.

There ARE grindy elements in GW2, but they're similar to GW1 in that you can easily get top-notch gear stat-wise, but if you want that giant flaming greatsword or the unicorn longbow that shoots rainbows, you will have to grind for specific things. It's all cosmetic though.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2012, 23:57.

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo