Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

45. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads Aug 23, 2012, 18:21 Despoiler

Yakubs wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 17:03:
Despoiler wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 16:40:
The X hours thing isn't because of the reason you say, it's because the game is easy while you are learning.

Sorry, but hard != good, hard != interesting, hard != depth, necessarily. You seem to have read my post with enough interest to reply to it yet did not bother to understand the underlying point of it.

Is it really a surprise that you found things to like about the game after sinking, what, 50? 100+ hours into it? And you spent this amount of time on a beta version where your characters aren't even saved! Sorry, bud, but the only thing "measurable" is the fact that you're a biased fan.

I'm sure if you ask someone who spent 100+ hours cutting themselves with razor blades, they'd easily be able to tell you all about why they enjoy it. Still a shit thing to spend your time on.

Lol hard is relative. Personally, I do not think of things in terms of hard or easy. It's just a question of how long it takes to master something. Hard vs easy is a defeatist's attitude. You will never be an expert at anything if you put up artificial walls. High skill cap just means you have to practice to master it because there is depth. As I have said, you cannot just do 1,2,3,4 in this game post level 25. You can't do it at all in PvP. You must use the right skills at the right time. You must use your dodge a the correct times. None of those times are static nor are the visual queues the same. I doubt you even noticed that you can trigger combos with your abilities let alone noticed that there are literally hundreds of skill combos you can do with other professions that all have different effects.

No I am not biased, sorry. I've listed my qualifications in a prior post. I could care less if you or anyone else plays. What I cannot allow is FUD posts like yours. I do beta test games because I like to hit my permanent character with a wealth of knowledge and skill. It's just smarter play on top of helping make the game better. Smarter play isn't your strong point so of course you are trying turn a positive into a negative.

You talk about understanding your underlying point, but I've already pointed out that your premises are all false and therefore so is your underlying point. That is how logical arguments work. They teach you that in college FYI. I wonder if you skipped that too because it's too hard?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo