Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 23, 2012, 12:23 Ghakis

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 10:05:
Tony Scott: Apple flogs old movies and profits from a man’s suicide.

That's disgusting...weren't they also the ones caught inflating the cost of Whitney Houston albums right after her death?

edit: Apparently that was Sony.

You can't rule out the influence of the studios(s) in many of these cases. We'd have to be pretty naive to think that they wouldn't try to profit on this kind of news.

I agree that it lacks class, but I'm still not surprised.

As for the article which talks about Tony Scott getting his own page in iTunes only because he died, I can't say that I have a big issue with that. The man died and it was tragic. But it also probably caused a lot of people to ask, "What movies did the guy make?" Putting them altogether on a single page so people can see the body of his work makes sense to me. For example, I thought I was familiar with his work but I didn't know he made "The Hunger." Unfortunately iTunes only lists his more "popular" movies on the page rather than all movies affiliated with him (or at least that's the case with iTunes Canada).

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo