Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

24. Re: Black Isle Studios Name Revived Aug 22, 2012, 17:02 yonder

Yakubs wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 16:21:
Unfortunately, Alamar kind of hit the nail on the head. In the video game industry, history shows that past performance is not indicative of future performance. High profile examples include Richard Garriot, Warren Spector, Molyneux... But even these great Black Isle developers -- what have they done recently? Avellone has put out some interesting games but let's be real, most of them are not up to par with his older titles. Similar with the other guys.

There are just too many external factors to assume that the same team will continue to produce the same quality.

The talent is dispersed, it's watered down, just BioWare now. Alamar completely missed the point that he(/she) responded to, and that's that the name is important to us. The point that was being MADE was that the name alone means nothing. Your example of Molyneaux actually proves it. With the Bullfrog team, Molyneaux made superb games. When he left Bullfrog, he started making horrifyingly overhyped games.

I grew up LOVING Interplay and later BioWare and Black Isle. Those names mean nothing to me now, because they aren't what they used to be, and THAT is the point, and THAT is why what this crap-ass company is doing is offensive (and that's also the point that Alamar is completely missing).

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo