Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

68. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 12:50 frag.machine

Beamer wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 12:02:
spacecadet wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 12:01:
As someone who works in the gaming industry I have to say his numbers look about right. Once you start considering countries like China and Brazil the piracy rates shoot through the roof. The entire comment is about those countries, but everyone here takes it as an attack on western gamers, that is funny in so many ways.

Yeah, someone else mentioned that earlier, and you're right - as soon as you think China, Brazil and Russia it makes sense.

Can't say anything about China or Russia (except that in Soviet Russia games pirates you!), but here in Brazil Steam is quite popular (thanks F2P TF2). I'd say that about 55%-60% PC gamer here has Steam installed and from these at least 50% usually buys games (mostly during Steam promotions). So this gives us a number of *at least* 25% of the PC gamers as legitimate customers. I know I am not a typical example, but I paid for all my games - most of then I bought thru Steam during several promotions, usually paying $10-$20 each.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo