Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

50. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 22, 2012, 11:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sorry to hear so many tales of woe, but I've put about 5-6 hours into this current patch, with my WD and Barb, and I'm enjoying it a lot so far.

Witch Doctor has been buffed immensely, in my opinion. Not only are pets actually viable in inferno(WD is steamrolling Act 2 now, in MF gear) but they fixed all the animation lag issues for the Witch Doctor attacks, as far as I can tell. Aka casting Ghost Bomb doesn't take a century, it's about as fast as a wizard or DH cast, in terms of animation time. I actually had a 90+ kill spree on my WD with a pet/Acid Rain/Ghost Bomb build, in one of the Kulle bodypart dungeons(Act 2 Inferno).

Compare that to patch 1.03, when my WD was running for his life just trying to kill 1 elite, I'm killing 2-3 at a time now with ease. Arguably my WD is my strongest character now, it's crazy.

Barbarian didn't get quite as good of a buff, but I'm actually progressing with a DPS/Seismic Slam build in Act 3 Inferno, so I can't complain.

I'm going to try out the monk changes today, but my monk is relatively undergeared compared to my WD/Barb.

No RMAH, no GAH use by the way, aside from buying some Tomes of Secrets on the GAH when I first got to Inferno!

Note: Got one of the new legendaries also, but it's a level 52(50?) shield, Centurion or something. It's ok, my DH might use it briefly.

Also, softcore only for me, the netcode/hitbox code doesn't lead me to want to risk the rage-related computer damage of Hardcore.

*EDIT* WD is paragon level 2 already, ruby in the helm socket of course.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo