Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2012, 15:50 Scottish Martial Arts

The point is that the word Fascism has no etymological relationship to the modern words Federal or Capitalism. In other words, your claim couldn't be any more wrong. If you want to dodge that by making some snide remark about Jericho that's your prerogative but it certainly makes you look like a pussy who can't admit when he's wrong.

The fasces were THE symbol of Roman Auctoritas, Imperium, and power in general. By adopting the Fasces as their symbol and the name for their movement, the Italian Fascists were declaring themselves as the founders of a reborn Roman Empire. Furthermore, the bundled rods of the fasces are such that it is very difficult to break them. Individually rods can be broken, but bundled together they are strong. The symbolism of that, and it's relationship to Fascist ideology should be obvious.

As for whether Mussolini coined the term, I had been under the impression he had. I could be wrong on that though, and I'll need to look it up. Either way, the term originated among the Italian political parties that gave birth to Fascism as a political movement in the nineteen-teens and twenties.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo