Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

22. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 12:27 Tumbler

Bhruic wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 10:47:
I'd really like to know what their justification is for capping MF at 300%.

Seems that they don't see anyway to stop people from doing the whole swap armor tactic to fight with maximum power at one second then max gold/magic find at the next second. Rather than give the "elites" this advantage they just make it irrelevant. Most of the hardcore will hit that level 100 cap and have the max gold/magic stat so there won't be anymore concern about some players getting far more drops than other players if this tactic is used.

They took away the incentive to armor swap. Sounds like it will still be useful at the lower levels but once you're up at lvl 50 I'd guess that it starts just wasting a stat on your items.

The alternative was to have some timer installed like you do when you change spells so you had to sit there and wait if you wanted to swap...which could cause a lot of other issues. Armor swapping to deal with different types of enemies is probably something they wanted to make sure was possible.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo