Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

23. Re: Plants vs. Zombies Sequel Next Year Aug 20, 2012, 15:59 Creston

Bet wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 14:44:
Frijoles wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 11:45:
nin wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 10:19:
I could never get past the last set of levels, when you're on the roof...

Whenever I got stuck, I'd give it to my 5 year old. I don't know how, but he managed to finish the game. Trial and error (dozens of times) appears to be the solution.
Just out of curiosity, are are either of you good at Defense Grid? Wondering if the Tower Defense skillset is why it's so bizarrely easy for most people I know. I think I got through the campaign 3 times in the first day (it was like caffeine, couldn't sleep).

Key to roof levels was artillery (first corn, then watermelons) on the back end and those umbrella-leaf plants that protect from the bungee zombies/thrown guys.

Every plant has a purpose, which is why I've wondered since that fateful day...how could they ever do a sequel and introduce new plants? There were already a few useless ones, so anything they add will just be overpowered or useless.

PvZ is way way way too easy, and yeah, I ROCK at Defense Grid. I was in the top 100 on all maps before the cheaters started going nuts.

As for the roof, it's pretty simple. Sunflower, Sunflower, Sunflower, Sunflower. By this point the zombie is near your first flower pot. Squash for the Zombie. Sunflower. Now another zombie shows up. Plant a catapult in the same row. Flower pot, Sunflower. Plant another catapult if the zombie is in another row, or a corn thrower if the new zombie is in the same row.

Keep building out flower pots and sunflowers until you have three rows of sunflowers, one row of catapults and one row of corn throwers. Then start swapping out the last row of sunflowers for melon pults.

So eventually it looks like this

C - corn - melon - sun - sun

Walls are optional. I usually never bother unless the game randomly picks them for me. Flowers are actually cheap walls that pay themselves off in a hurry, so I tend to just keep planting those. Works just as well.

The roof levels are dead easy. You don't need umbrella plants. Yeah, the bungee zombies are annoying, but oh well. They take a plant, you immediately plant it back again. And the basketball throwers typically die before they ever do any damage. And even IF they do, it costs 100 sun to replace the catapult. *shrug*

The only annoying level is the bonus one where you only get chompers. I fucking HATE that level. I've never actually failed at it, despite playing it at least 50 times, but I just hate it. It's no fun.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo