Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2012, 00:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Rigs wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 23:23:
Well, in another post that questions my status as a lifetime carrier of the 'Hardcore Gaming Club' card, I have to ask, what made New Vegas better than the original Fallout3? Personally, I found the original to be...err, a little boring. At least in the beginning. And the fact that everything is a greenish gray/brown...*shudder*...what does NV bring to the table?

=-Rigs-=
Fo3 was weak, no question about it. But NV? Story, content. The story itself properly fills out, you're not "dad left the vault, go find him" the story is. "This shit is bad, the world is bad." It's harsh, brutal, who tried to kill you and why. Fuck everyone else, find your own path. It's as close to the original bad shit as you can get in the world, even with the NCR just next door. Don't forget that Obsidian is what's left of Black Isle, pretty much everyone is still there. Including the story writers, and it shows in the story itself.

Characters are more fleshed out. Has a closer FO/FO2 appeal to it, the general zaniness it there, especially with the Wild wasteland trait. The one weakness that NV has, is the lack of dungeon crawling(sewer crawling), but hopefully the next time they'll have a better change at that. I'd really like to see them do something with the Boneyard in it, or San Fransisco.

Imo, if you don't have it? Pick it up when the ultimate pack goes on sale with all the DLC. You won't regret it, usually drops it down into the $15-19 range. I still play it, I have nearly 700 hours into it.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo