Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

42. Re: OnLive Layoffs Follow-up Aug 19, 2012, 12:29 wtf_man

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 11:42:
deqer wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 00:53:
Corps should stop leading people on, and be real with them and say "look, we actually aren't sure how this will pan out, so this will just be a 1 year contract job." But noooo, corps don't like to do this for some reason; they like to lead you on, hire you, then do the old "Layoff" trick ...

In this case it seems even much worse. They setup the company to go bankrupt from the start it seems and offered false stock incentives to those they hired on. They basically just changed hands and the only losers are employees and creditors. I happen to know just a few companies like this that I go out and do some work for. These people are real shysters, finding any type of loophole for their sole greed. The patents are all with a separate company and possibly the only thing of great value, but still all owned by the same person.

Conspiracy Theories, as far as "they set the company up to go bankrupt from the start".

Well... have a look at this:
Twist! OnLive Bought - Gets Substantial Funding

It's real simple... they were up to their necks in debt... they did what they had to do to save the company, by forming another one. Most of the employees will be hired back.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2012, 12:39.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo