Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2012, 14:57 eRe4s3r

Obviously they refused How else could they extradite him illegally? Wikileaks documents even show that Sweden did so before. Except the guy in question wasn't as famous as Assange.

I in my opinion, the real "ass" in this whole drama is the Australian government. They would WILLINGLY extradite one of their citizens even if they face the death penalty... If I were Australian I would rebel. The state has no right to do something like that. It is supposed to be FOR THE PEOPLE. Not against it. And the UK with their veiled treat of storming an embassy... puts them right smack on the level of countries like Lybia or North Korea. Imo a place where the UK belongs, but for various other equally disturbing reasons.

I think Ecuador is maybe not the grand hall of freedom of speech. But if they get Assange out of the UK then this is going down into the history books.

Anyway, I was merely saying why he doesn't want to go to Sweden. If he is judged to prison they can extradite him much easier. In fact, maybe even secretly. That Sweden would do this as soon as the US called is imo clear.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo