Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

60. Re: NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion Aug 18, 2012, 00:45 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 21:53:
Or maybe they build a custom gpu that completely blows anything we can buy out of the water.. point being we don't know. But what they put in that is what the next console ports will likely demand in graphic power.
Custom is super expensive. You know how much money that nvidia and ATI spend on making new graphics chips? The whole reason why the next gen consoles might not have cutting edge current graphics chips is to reduce that cost.

Anyway, by the time the next consoles come out, there will be another generation of graphics cards out. Not much point in waiting on a console release if you need a graphics card now.

I think you are predicting that they will use uber graphics in the next gen console. I'm predicting they will be way behind PC's in graphics, cpu, ram, and hdd, because of cost concerns.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo