Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways Aug 17, 2012, 18:10 Jivaro

loomy wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 17:41:
Axis wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 16:22:
Steam can revoke your access to and through steam - not your access to your purchased games (unless it's a Valve game and you cheat or something). You still can play any of the games as most have keys or use your credentials. Steam has no control over your games, only over their service. Many of the games once I buy them I don't even run steam.

mag is right and you are full of poo

I thought he was too. Then I closed Steam and picked 3 games that didn't use "Steamworks" and that I had played at least one time before. All three games launched without launching Steam. Civ 5 on the other hand, which uses Steamworks I believe, did turn on Steam. Then I ran into something strange. Battlefield 2 and Crysis both activated Steam, but I don't think either use Steamworks. In other words, I couldn't find any real rhyme or reason to it. I will add that I disconnected my Internet and tried them all again. The games that launched Steam ran perfectly well in offline mode...so even though they launched Steam, they didn't need an online verification.

Not sure what any of that proves, but I found it interesting.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo