Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

134. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 17, 2012, 16:45 Bhruic

D-Rock wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 15:35:
I never said the organizers and participants were sitting around whining.

Which leaves me wondering why you brought up people sitting around whining in the first place?

Just take the political spin (which was indicated in the article) out of it. Hopefully a minority attendee who previously felt hopeless can get a positive out of it -- make new friends, etc.

I just re-read the article, and can't find any "political spin" in it - can you point out what you saw?

Of course, but I'd wager that 99% of the attendees already consider homosexuality normal. Agree? Disagree?

Attendees? Most likely. People who hear/read about it? Definitely not.

Well if the majority of young people support it, not much else needs to be said. The next generation is taken care of -- they'll pass it on to their children.

Sure, if the other side weren't fighting back, maybe resting on one's laurels would work. But when you've got various religious groups out preaching about the evils of homosexuality, you have to keep your message alive, or you'll end up losing ground.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo