Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: TF2 Mann vs. Machine Live Aug 16, 2012, 20:13 Panickd

Overon wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 15:46:
The queue wait time estimate is rediculous. What is up with this console style "wait to play" bullshit. If I thought that was aceptable I would be playing console games with this kind of shit.

I thought the above and then I used the steam server browser. I was shocked to discover that there were MvM games I could join from it. But what was shocking is that the player count on these servers looked like 23/24 and 31/32 and I though 6 players was the max. I discovered that the rest of the players were SPECTATORS!

If you look at the server info in the server browser you'll see that the majority of those extra slots are taken up by the blue team bots which is kind of wonky.

I have also noticed that the matchmaking system doesn't give two shits if the server it sends you to after waiting for 40 minutes is password protected which gets you booted instantly back to the main screen. I have also gotten a number of "failed to connect after 4 retries" errors which also boots you back to the main menu. It seems if you want to play at all right now you either need to host your own game or fork $1 over to Valve to play on the official servers.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo