Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

121. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 16, 2012, 16:35 D-Rock

Beamer wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 15:35:
Actually, I do know it didn't happen every waking moment of your life. No white male in America has experienced more than a few moments of what it's like to be a woman or a minority. It's entirely impossible.

Wow...seriously? Please, back those words up. Who actually does experience discrimination 'every waking moment of their life'? How do you know all about my life?

Yes, you were ridiculed and called names for being a minority, but what happened if you walked into the nearby Walgreen's? What happened when you applied for a job? What were the expectations for your life? Who where your role models?

Do you really want to know the answers to those questions or are you trying to make a point? Based on what you said in the first part of your post you've already figured out exactly who I am.

This is all the major things you're missing while focusing instead on the minor issues like "no one looked like me."

Your words - not mine. I never said it had anything to do with how I look versus how anyone else looks - it runs much deeper than that. Please -- stop telling me about how I feel -- you can't read my mind.

You sound bitter on this topic and I'm curious -- do you fall into a minority category? What are your personal experiences with discrimination? Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like to share privately -- I can and will respect that.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo