Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: Planetary Annihilation Kickstart Aug 16, 2012, 13:50 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 00:35:
jacobvandy wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 23:45:
I wish Hidden Path would have set the amount higher for Defense Grid 2, as their little experiment of a low goal with long stretch targets laid out at the beginning didn't work so well. I think they would have raised a lot more if they had been more straightforward.

Had they simply said "1 million dollars and you'll get DG2" I would have chipped in a hundred bucks. Because that way I'd have known (well, reasonably known) that EITHER I get DG2, or I'm not out of any money.

With the way they did it, I could have chipped in a hundred bucks, and all I'd have gotten potentially was 8 new levels for the first game. 8 new levels that will likely cost 10 bucks on Steam when they are released.

So yeah, I think they made a pretty big mistake doing it the way they did. A lot of people were worried they were going to fund stuff they didn't really want, and who knew if and when DG2 was ever going to get made.

Creston

Excellent point Creston, I KS'd the DG2 at the $15 level on the assumption I would only be getting the expansion (1st tier). Luckily, it sounds like Hidden Path is pretty committed to DG2 (From the KS page):

We're working to cross the minimum and fund Defense Grid: Containment. But please also understand that by joining the team as a backer, you'll also get a copy of DG2 when we release it. We'll need to do extra work on our end to earn or raise the remaining funds in order to complete DG2, but when we do, you'll still be a part of the team. Crossing $250,000 gets you DG:Containment this December, and DG2 when it is complete.
(Emphasis mine) So it sounds like by hook or by crook they'll get it done.

Hopefully Planet Annihilation makes their goal though. I live TA/SC style games.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo