Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Details Aug 16, 2012, 10:16 Verno

The acts are terrible. The first one is actually great, so I won't mention it further. Act 2 is meh, and then 3 and 4 feel just rushed and incomplete. What the hell happened? It needs to be fun to do the acts in order to motivate us to replay the game endlessly... There are also no rewards in the acts themselves, other than regular loot. Give us a reason to replay them...

There are certainly many aspects of Diablo 3 that seem rushed or incomplete. The water temple level in Act 1 is a good example, you can see it was meant to be something much grander but they just kinda gave up on it and had the stupid butterfly lady show up as usual to spirit you away to a different location.

As an aside, they really messed up making the focus on the silly champion packs instead of the bosses IMO.

How the hell did Blizzard screw the pooch so much with this one is beyond me. I mean they invented digital crack ffs...

As Elessar and a few others have pointed out in past threads, a lot of the people who made Diablo 2 have since moved onto other things. This is a team that has people from a few different generations of gaming and you can see a lot of that design conflict at play in the game unfortunately. At least they seem willing to listen and fix their mistakes so I still maintain the game can be made fun again.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo