Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

3. Re: Planetary Annihilation Kickstart Aug 15, 2012, 23:23 jdreyer

I kickstarted this. I'm a huge TA fan (obviously, from my avatar) as well as SC, and even SC2. I've played most RTSs ever made, having been hooked back in the early days of the genre with Dune II.

Yeah, not sure I totally like the Seussian/Spore/Warcraft art style (although they are calling this "game visualization" so maybe this isn't the final design), as I prefer more realistic looking units. However, it's really the scope and gameplay that matter with this type of game, and they look like they have it in spades with what they're trying to do. Like Prez, I'm really a SP vs. AI kind of guy, with occasional forays into coop vs. AI, and this supports that (just like TA & SC), so Uber, do your best.

EDIT: I also wanted to say that $900K is kind of a crazy goal, but obviously you need cash to make a game like this.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo