Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

53. Re: Op Ed Aug 15, 2012, 15:57 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 23:45:
Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 14:02:
Being upfront about something doesn't excuse pisspoor quality. Never has, never will. You can try to be upfront with your boss about why you're not going to do any work this week, and at the end of the week, your ass will still be fired.

I fail to see why some dipshit developer feels that they should somehow be exempt from this rule. 720p is a fucking joke. the PC ran that resolution back in 19fucking96. Now we're supposed to be shouting for joy that 16 years later, we get a game that runs at 720p? Fuck. that.

Creston

Well, the positive thing about their transparency is that it allows we consumers to make an educated (non)purchase. I appreciate that at least, although I've never been interested in this game in the least.

As for the boss-worker analogy it's actually the opposite case where I work. We try to work around people's personal issues when they tell us as to not lose valuable employees. It's when they don't communicate that people get fired.

Voodoo I, released in 1996, was limited to 800x600 resolution and didn't even have SLI. 1024x768 resolution wasn't available until Voodoo 2 was released in 1998, but I get your point.

I guess it's cool that they say that the game is a pisspoor port, but it's not as if that information would have somehow been unobtainable otherwise. So them being honest about it doesn't really get them any extra kudos from me.

And sure, if you mention that your wife is dying, your boss is going to be lenient. If, on the flipside, you go to your boss and say "yeah, hey, I'm going to do shit-all worth of work next week. Why? No real reason." then see how that's going to work out.

I stand corrected on the date. I could have sworn it was 1996, but admittedly I did zero googling.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo