Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

55. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2012, 13:39 D-Rock

El Pit wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 16:35:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 15:23:
I carry a gun every time I go to the theater. And the mall. And the grocery store. And...

Funny, I've never made the news. Oh, wait. Maybe it's because I'm not dumb enough to carry it around in the open, in a theater that JUST EXPERIENCED A MASS SHOOTING. Derp.

Imagine that: everybody in the theater is armed, and one guy starts shooting. What could be the result? EXACTLY: dead people everywhere, innocent people shooting at other innocent people. Remember: the gun in your hand, of which you know that you would only use it in self-defense, is a threat to everyone else who sees you with a gun in the hand. The other people don't know that you would never shoot at them except to defend yourself.
Everybody armed in a complex situation like a shooting in a populated area/place would contribute to a massive bloodshed, shooting at whom they would identify as a possible mad killer, with the innocents being the one to suffer the most.

Wow -- just saw this thread -- and this appears to be the post that started the big gun debate.

I just have one question -- what qualifies you to make the call on this scenario? What is your background? Do some googling on the statistics that Agent.X7 referred to and then present this argument with facts. Comparing the US to Canada is apples to oranges because there's more to take into consideration than just crime numbers between the two countries. The reduction in crime when people carry in the US is the key statistic and a very simple one you can make an educated decision on.

The fact that you started this post with "Imagine" speaks volumes. If this is a realistic scenario and not just something you've "imagined" -- please back it up with some solid logic.

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2012, 13:47.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo