Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 15, 2012, 12:50 netnerd85

Nucas wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 07:27:
netnerd85 wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 05:41:
Nucas wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 01:50:
netnerd85 wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 01:45:
RAGE is a piece of art - literally. Some people just don't get it or like the style. Which is fine but to act like a bunch of retard monkeys whenever someone says RAGE... why?

i read an interview with a couple of id artists maybe a year or two ago talking about their work on rage.

the interviewer was asking questions assuming they'd done some world-building and forethought, like taking note of how bandit camps often have graffiti and sculptures around them and asked "in the mythology of the game is there a reason the bandits in this world are so art inclined?" and the reply came "because i thought it looked cool" and i found it hilarious that the interviewer had put more thought into their shitty world then their art team.

but that's id for you.
Cool source bro, oh wait... link?

And more things in games are done because they are COOL, because games are meant to be cool and FUN.

but no bro, rage was more than just trying to be cool and fun, it's a piece of art. i mean, that's what you said before but U DIDNT SORCE IT, WHERE UR SORCE? I EXECPT SORCUED COMMENT HERES ON BLEUS NEWS

if you really wanted to know so bad, i'm sure you could figure it out but i imagine you just want to be a whiny, argumentative dipshit instead. you can hang up the mission accomplished banner.
Art is subjective. Games are a form of art. I don't need a source for a fact. The sky is blue, no source needed. People still, really don't call them art as such. But looking at a screenshot of RAGE is like looking at a painting. It's different, I like different. RAGE looks like art and was fun to play. How something looks and how something plays are two completely different things.

I'm sorry you were offended by the text on the screen that I wrote. I didn't mean to cause you any emotional discomfort. May I suggest, next time, rather than caps and insults, try going with an equally smart ass comment.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo