Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

50. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 14, 2012, 08:58 Verno

ItBurn wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 08:17:
Gaining negative standing with a faction when noone sees you and noone knows it was you is a major issue! Can't you see that? FO3 gave me choices that fit with my play style, Vegas did not. In FO3 it felt like I was truly making my own choices, in Vegas it felt like I was following one of a couple of rigid paths.

The faction gain/loss thing is a gameplay mechanic, it's not supposed to be 100% realistic. Maybe someone saw you go in there and the person was murdered so they put two and two together. It's supposed to be a living world and the player isn't supposed to be omniscient but at some point you have to realize you're playing a game. There were a few NPCs in FO3 that had similar conditions.

There aren't really just a few paths in New Vegas, there are 4 major factions and a half dozen minor factions. Quests often have several branches, conditions and other criteria that make replay value pretty great. There is a lot of complexity to the quest system as well, go look up the conditions for some of the follower quests as an example.

I mean don't get me wrong, if you liked FO3 more then that's your choice dude and I respect that. I'm just saying that if you went back and replayed FO:NV, I think you'd find it a bit deeper than you're giving it credit for. I loved FO3 for different reasons but FO:NV was a much deeper experience.

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo