Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Sleeping Dogs Footage Aug 12, 2012, 21:49 Jerykk

Lorcin wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 21:02:
Stopped at about 1m when the giant fish tank got smashed and the protagonist didn't even stumble from the weight of the water.

I'd normally ignore that except the idiot commentator went "that's impressive".

update: went to check the time and then noticed the 100+ gallons of water disappear in <2 secs.

There's suspension of disbelief and just sloppy design. If they can't program a tank that big exploding why add it - and what does that mean for the rest of the game?

I've heard of nitpicking but this... really? If you're going to nitpick, you should complain about something like vehicle physics, AI, hit detection, controls, etc. Stuff that actually has a meaningful impact on gameplay. But complaining about unrealistic fish tank destruction is pretty silly unless you're talking about a tech demo or a game that revolves around liquid physics (like Hydrophobia).

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo