Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 04:30 Jerykk

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 03:37:
I also only buy Steam keys from them (they do sell Steam keys for games that are not necessarily using Steamworks). Well, I got Guild Wars 2 there recently, but that was the same sort of thing, just a key. They consistently have the best pre-order deals, whether due to their store-wide vouchers or specific limited-time promos. That combined with the very respectable sales they have on older games is why they are probably the fastest growing digital distributor in the world.

I don't know when they started out, but within the past year or so they have far surpassed older and better-established places including GameStop/Impulse, GamersGate, and Direct2Drive/GameFly. At least in my opinion. I don't know how they're making money reselling Steam keys so cheaply, but I hope they keep it up because it's fucking great.

GMG has the best pre-order deals, certainly, but their selection is a bit scarce compared to Amazon, Steam and GamersGate. If they expanded their selection and made their proprietary download/DRM client less crappy, they could come in second place to Steam.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo