Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 10, 2012, 17:55 Ray Marden

The limited games and pricing do not help them, but I almost think they made a handheld for the wrong market.

I have never - never, never, never - been that interested in the handheld market. If I am at home, I have superior consoles and a PC to play. If I am traveling, I am focused on or entertained by what I am doing. Having said that, if I was going to ever design a handheld, the Vita is what I would want - basically a PS3/360/PC that fits in my hand.

Meanwhile, there is a huge handheld market - people that actively want to play on a smaller handheld without regard for having consoles or a PC - but they seem to want something else. They want a certain type or range of games. They want a gimmick feature that identifies the handheld. They want a quirky version of an existing game. They want games for children.

Unless they make some drastic changes, it looks like the Vita will be a failure, but I think it is a shame since it really is a nice handheld system - about the only one I have ever remotely thought about purchasing.
Though I still have no intention of buying a handheld.
Thinking they could focus less on the touchscreen aspect,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo