Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 10, 2012, 16:06 Flatline

Jivaro wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 12:00:
Sony finally makes an awesome handheld, in terms of the hardware, and they can't give it away. I mean, it is the best gaming solution for people who want to game on the move in nearly every technical way but because everyone already owns a tablet or a smartphone they don't want to carry another device.

You need to stop right here. Smartphones & tablets have rendered high-end portables obsolete.

A strong software library would help, but the Vita was DOA because the market has changed.

People's playing habits aren't conductive to spending 40 bucks on a portable game that they'll play for 5 minutes twice a week while in line for lunch.

Let's put it this way. I already have an iPhone. I have two options for portable gaming. Buy Angry Birds for 99 cents (or something else for 2-3 bucks), or spend 250-300 dollars on a vita and *one* game.

There's absolutely no contest. Crappy software libraries are the nail in the coffin.

What's weird is that this is the *exact* same thing that happened with the PSP. I bought one cheap years ago, bought like 8 games, and of those, I played... pinball. Like 99% of the gametime on that stupid handheld was pinball.

I'm more and more convinced Sony has no idea what it's doing anymore.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo