Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: Battle.net Security Breach Aug 9, 2012, 21:25 eunichron

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 21:15:
Lesson:

Lean towards believing something when several people from around the globe are reporting it. Stop being a fanboy and just call things they way they are or at least be open to not debunk it with no proof on your end. This isn't end of the world stuff, but acknowledge.

So when people with authenticators were stating they were still being hacked, fanboy wanted to beat on them with no remorse or consideration of that possibility. Just like the first reports of RROD nack in the day, MS fanboy didn't want to believe the HW was so shoddy. Over time we found out precisely the HW was shoddy and the reports were in fact true.

I will admit a second level like an authenticator is a lot lot better then a simple user/password. However I do like Mouse click pins vs authenticators because it isn't another app or device and it's just as good.

Yet we have no sense of timeline here. They never said when the breach actually happened. It could have happened over the last few days, in which case the breach had nothing to do with the reports of hacked accounts within the first couple weeks. If the breach happened shortly after launch, then yeah, there's probably something to it.

I'm just surprised a breach of this magnitude didn't happen sooner. We've seen Sony, Riot, Trion, and Valve hacked in the last couple years, and Battle.net is as big a target as those systems... it was just a matter of time.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo