Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 15:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hornet303 wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 14:38:
How can this be? Haven't you read on this forum that this game sucks?

This forum is pretty tame about Diablo 3 compared to the official Blizzard forums, which are pretty much unusable at this point.

Still, I DO enjoy aspects of the game, and I feel Diablo 3 could actually be, dare I say it, GOOD, if they fix the basic issues with loot:

1) absurdly high Rarity of actual 'decent' items,
2) Legendaries/Set pieces dropping at not only a ridiculously low rate, but with unusable stats when they do,
3) Buff non ilvl63 weapons,
4) More interesting stats on items.(Crushing Blow, Spawn Zombie, etc. D2 style)

If some or all of these actually get fixed in patch 1.04 it'll be great, although by then the game will have lost a LOT of people with the bullshit that's been going on so far. Everybody I know who has quit, has basically quit because farming is almost always unproductive, and with patch 1.03, costly in repairs if you were not a halfway decent player. That double whammy really turned a lot of people off to D3, imo. Only a few die hards I know are still playing, who I coop with every now and then when our schedules align.

Still, it's best to keep it all in perspective. Diablo 2 took YEARS of patching to get to what I would consider a good state. Then various patches broke it, and then another year to be patched...

Not everyone remembers early Diablo 2 I guess, but it was worse than Diablo 3 is now.

Lesser issues:
1) Death penalty pricing in softcore is unreasonable for casuals, and has no effect on more wealthy/better equipped players.
2) Enrage timers are the same story, they crush casuals but have no effect on upper tier players.
3) Nerfing of 'fun' loot sources, ie. Treasure Goblins and Chests, extremely short sighted of Blizzard. If this gets reversed it'll help the game immensely. Get rid of the WoW balancers and aim for more of a fun game.
4) Fix various trade window exploits and other nagging bugs that have been around since launch.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo