Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

33. Re: Grid 2 Announced Aug 9, 2012, 07:59 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 06:23:
And in other news, Dice has determined that in their game BF3, the scope is only used 5% of the time, so BF4 won't include a scope view. Said lead designer David Goldfarb, "We will use the resources that would have otherwise gone into developing a scope view for making new features that players really want to see, like ice climbing quicktime events and snowmobile racing minigames. In addition, lack of a scope view will allow our weapons to have 40% more polygons on them while maintaining the same frame rate."

Oh, wait, nevermind. I forgot that David quit Dice, probably over this very issue.

I didn't realize so many people playing arcade racing games in cockpit view. Not sure why is it such a huge deal if they take away something that hardly anyone uses in the game to make room for something else.
If you don't like their decision of removing the cockpit view then don't buy the game, there are plenty of other racing games that has cockpit view. If I remember correctly one of the Need For Speed games did the cockpit view pretty good, way better then any of the other Codemasters racing games.

Then again this is an arcade racer not a sim. I personally really don't think cockpit view was that important. Now if they took cockpit view away from a game like F1 I'd be pissed.

Steam: SpectralMeat

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo