Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pre-purchases Aug 8, 2012, 15:20 ItBurn

Warskull wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 15:08:
Isn't possible that you simply do not know what you are talking about? Counter-Strike endured for so long because of its aim system. The first bullet will always go pretty much dead on where the center of your crosshair is. The next two will be pretty close. You are criticizing counter-strike on what is widely accepted to be its strength and then saying modern games (which are far more random in their spray) do it better.

I'm not a newb at CS. I played it for years. I was probably better than 95% of people who come on this site. I never liked the aiming system. And aiming was my specialty.

Now, in most modern games, it's still possible to aim perfectly, but you have to go in the right stance, aim down sights and not be moving, among other things.

In general it's far more deep, immersive and is like a mini game on it's own. And also, for me, a lot more fun. Apparently, most gamers agree, because all mainstream games are becoming like this.

I'm not saying that there's no room for oldschool games like CS. I'm also NOT criticizing CS. I'm just saying that I WISH, they would have changed the aiming style, because I did like some of the features of the game.

I also went on to explain a side point: "This just in, guy who dedicates life to activity claims that activity is better than other activities" is a funny headline.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo