Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Blood Revival Proposed Aug 4, 2012, 18:14 Wookiestick

Oh hell yes!
For real, back in my high school days I used to play this game on T.E.N. and over direct dial up connections along with Quake (via PCanywhere software) and Duke Nukem 3d.
The first Blood is one of the most underrated PC shooters. It came out during an explosion of "me too" games that wanted to cash in on the popularity of the first person shooter craze that Wolf3D, Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, and Quake had paved. Had it come out a year earlier I think it would have done better (it came out 6 months before Quake 2). What it lacked in cutting edge tech with design changes to polygonal 3D, it completely made up for in personality.
It was gory as all shit, it was fun to play, had funny catch phrases injected with pop culture references, many moments of extreme excellence in level design, it was a BLAST in coop, fun deathmatch (blood bath). Critics derived that was much too much like Duke3d but I disagree.
If this post is genuinely by Jason Hall I for one am totally hoping this happens, or at the very least somehow release the source code for the community to add. I am also willing to help wherever I can.

Love thy wookie.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo