Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - PPC Skyrim Dawnguard Aug 3, 2012, 05:09 Jerykk

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 03:15:
Jerykk wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 23:01:
$20 is way too much for this. If Skyrim cost $60 and offered 200+ hours of gameplay, $20 DLC should offer at least 60 hours of gameplay. Throw in the fact that the bulk of code and assets are recycled from Skyrim and it's an even worse deal. I'll wait until this is $5.

If you are OCD and slow enough to spend 200 hours on one character in Skyrim I would imagine Dawnguard could give you quite a number of hours. The average length I have read just for the main quest is 15-20, and there are tons of side quests, new areas and additional things to do.

Most people seem to be saying OMG $20 without actually knowing how much content is there. Not saying I know for sure, but from what I have read it's closer to Shivering Isles than Knights of the Nine.

That's not what I've read. I've read the main quest takes about 8-10 hours and most of the side content is just generic fetch quests. Comparisons to Bloodmoon, Tribunal and Shivering Isles all came out negatively for Dawnguard.Also, they note how bland Dawnguard feels compared to Shivering Isles.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo