Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

57. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today Aug 3, 2012, 01:24 Bucky

[snip]

NKD wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 00:43:
It's all pretty subjective in the end, so why go after people who simply state that they like or dislike something?

[/snip]

I think this gets to the heart of the problem here at Blue's. If you disagree with a persons' opinion of a game, post your own opinion, but don't attack the person about it. Better still, don't respond directly, because it's become clear that the discussion loses it's focus on the game and instead becomes one of personal disagreements.

The other problem, to me, is the broad generalizations we're all guilty of making (hey, I've done it several times in this post!). It's not that we can stop making them entirely, as exaggeration and embellishment are a large part of this language, but if we can at least keep them to a minimum we have a better shot at preventing misunderstanding.

Of course, I'm a little drunk right now, so it's entirely possible none of what I've written makes a bit of sense. The most probable outcome is that I'll wake up in the morning, read this, and regret having posted it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo