Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

11. Re: GTA Viral Marketing Aug 2, 2012, 22:55 Mordecai Walfish

Anonymous wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 09:25:
Maybe this time their PC port won't fucking require the textures to be stored in the video card's memory. I disabled that shit and set it on full and, despite the shitty performance pre-Nvidia patch, it ran exactly the fucking same with full detail.

Fucking schmucks.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about the graphics options only allowing you to use up to a certain % of your video card's memory, instead of using 1200mb worth of textures on a 512 mb card it restricted you. The command line argument disables that but if you want your shitty performance to look as good as possible I guess that was the only way at the time.

Most games try to dissuade you from cramming 1 gig of textures into 768 or 512 mb of graphics memory.. it's not a bad thing.

That being said I'm really glad I was a late adopter of GTA4 on pc because I heard a lot about the "out of the gate" performance.. or lack thereof.

InBlack wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 09:59:
Dev wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 23:57:
And as usual, it will be consoles first, or only, and PCs to follow a year later if we are lucky. And never if we aren't.

My bet is on never.

I hope you're not a betting man, because this is total FUD.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo