Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: Oculus Rift Kickstarter Aug 2, 2012, 14:58 jimnms

Beamer wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 12:36:
NegaDeath wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 12:33:
When I was a kid I tried a 3-player VR game that was playing at a local fair. It was the kind with the big mounted headsets that had full directional tracking. They even locked you in a booth to keep you from walking away by mistake. As it was 25ish years ago you can imagine the 3D "world" it presented was incredibly primitive. Regardless my young mind was still blown by the concept. When I see some progress is finally being made on a commercial version I get excited. Forget Doom, imagine playing a game like Amnesia on this.

Was it the two player one with a pterodactyl flying around? Probably. I played it once, $5 for 5 minutes or something insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6t69mp0ZhE

There was a similar setup at the local mall here around 1995-96ish. I worked at Radioshack in the mall at the time and we got to play it free. I remember it ran on two 486's. The arena looked similar, but it wasn't melee and crossbows. You had a gun, and you held a gun like controller and stood in a similar ring type thing. On the controller, the trigger fired the gun and there were buttons on the back to move forward and backwards. I played against some guy that didn't get the whole 3D/VR concept. He just ran around in straight lines where I was ducking behind cover, peaking around the sides of boxes and completely owning him.

Steam Profile

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo