Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2012, 13:33 RollinThundr

Sepharo wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 10:19:
When did I ever say I was for or against the bailouts? Just listing some facts here, but I gotta be careful using that Bush name because it could prompt a Tourettes like response in some folks.

Weren't you saying before the auto bailout had to happen and shifting any of the auto industry fallout from union greed? Or was that someone else?

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 09:52:
Yes, deficit spending has been a problem for a long time. That is why when people try to complain about it in my presence, I usually ask how long they've been complaining about it. I usually get a blank look. And I then say, "Well, if you haven't been complaining about it for the last 40 years at least, STFU."

My main issue/complaint with blaming the current administration for the economy is this: The current problems with the economy are the direct result of housing market collapse and the credit crunch. There is plenty of blame to go around for the housing bubble, but giving any of the blame to the administration which took office just as it was collapsing, doesn't hold water for me.

Could more have been done to help the recovery? Beats the hell out of me. Economics is more voodoo like than psychiatry. I do think given the current extreme partisan nature of our legislature it's unlikely -- even if someone could definitively say what it was we should do.

I in a way agree, though really the recession started setting in when Bush took office. It was going to happen anyway with alot of deregulating of banks by the Clinton administration thanks to lots of lobbying dollars. Add in pressuring banks to give loans to anyone who wants one, even those that can't afford it, and there's your crisis in a nutshell. Bush didn't create that. Clinton did, but because the shit finally hit the fan with Bush in office, it's his fault.

Not that Bush's spending helped anything, or the 2 wars that Junior started in the Middle East. Though at some point since we still have men and women over there, it becomes Obama's issue to deal with, considering he's still using Bush's time table for withdrawal and taking the credit as if it was all his doing in the first place, I believe it's just fair to give him some of the blame in that our boys are still there 4 years after he took office. Oh and hey, Gitmo's still open too isn't it? Boy that Obama sure keeps promises.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo