Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

136. Re: Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits Aug 2, 2012, 08:46 Verno

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 15:31:
It's a media thing too though, and a reaction thing. Yes RockPaperShotgun has a critical post today on this news but it's a million times softer than the one about EA. Yes people were pissy about Left 4 Dead 2 but most of the gaming media told them to shut up. PC Gamer even had an article on L4D2 where they told people to stop whining.

Eh I don't see it. There is usually just less Valve centric news to report. They don't really make many waves and when they do it tends to be either minor or very divisive stuff. Also ironically many of us got worked up about L4D2 and the media was right, it was great value and we were worried about nothing. If RPS as a PC centric site is a bit soft on a PC centric company then that's life, not a grand media conspiracy or something. The industry is still very console focused in general which is why Nintendo 3DS XL launch news trumps Valve disallows class action lawsuits on IGN or whatever. EA is getting to be a pretty widely hated brand on several platforms which explains their press woes.

I dunno, I just see the differences. Maybe I am making them up, but my education and career is all about noticing messages in advertising and public statements.

Given that Valve does little of either I don't really see it. This is the first truly negative thing they've done in a long time where I can criticize them and when you compare that against their track record they come out ahead (for now).

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 2012, 08:53.

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo